28 February 2012

Something Wicked...

So I've changed the name of the blog. And I may change it several times over before I'm finished writing it. I've changed my goals ever so slightly and wanted a name to reflect that change. Why? I don't just want to eat less food, I want to eat healthy food. I want to be healthy, and I want a blog to reflect that and not a misinformed idea that just by eating less I will be healthier, that I will spend less, or that I will lose weight.

I started off the year brilliantly by trying to cut high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) out of my diet. This one thing has made me start looking at the labels of products that I probably shouldn't eat anyway. Sometimes, the product I want does not contain HFCS, but the ingredient list is a mile long, or it contains corn starch, so I take a pass. I slip every once in a while, I know this, but those slips are becoming fewer, and they mostly happen at work (I work at a bakery where I want to eat everything all the time).

In February, my goal was to add running to my routine and, somehow, though the month did not start out strong, I ran the last five days in a row. And I feel great. On top of the running, a co-worker lead me in the direction of Tabata workouts, which I think have also helped me feel so good.

I'm not sure what I'd like to add (or take away) for March. It is my birthday month, and I think I would like to participate in the St. Patty's Day 5K in my neck of the woods just to see if I can improve my time ( I ran 5km in 42:42 last Thursday. It was one of those things that made me know that I was doing exactly what I am meant to be doing).

So, we'll see what my March goal is. I've got another day to think about it, though a part of my thinks I should give up cake. This won't happen, but it's a nice thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment