Here are just some of the things that have changed in the last almost-six months:
- I have a new job. One that I adore and that I make a little more money with.
- My student loans have become due.
- I cut high fructose corn syrup out of my diet.
- I have gone from needing to watch the money I spend on food, to really needing to watch my money, to not needing to, back to needing to, and now I don't need to watch what I spend on food, but I should.
- I watched all of Star Trek: TOS and have started on TNG.
- I gained a roommate, lost her, and then got her back again.
- I have started learning the guitar!
Then I look in my fridge and freezer, and I am back to where I started. Too much food that I don't eat. Too much that I do eat. I am stocking my freezer for some future date that I can't seem to see. Too much cake, always.
Cutting high fructose corn syrup from my diet has helped. Some. So much food contains the evil stuff...and yet I can still find items without. Like chocolate frosting.
So, I'm back here with a new intensity. My goals with this blog are shifting only slightly. Here, I will chronicle my adventures in cutting down how much I eat and how much I spend on food. I will also focus on eating healthy food in single-serving portions. We'll see how that works.
I'll be writing in this space more often now, too! Have a great day.