02 February 2012

Oh, Hi There...

It has been quite a while since I last updated this blog. A lot has changed since I last updated this blog.

Here are just some of the things that have changed in the last almost-six months:

  • I have a new job. One that I adore and that I make a little more money with.
  • My student loans have become due.
  • I cut high fructose corn syrup out of my diet.
  • I have gone from needing to watch the money I spend on food, to really needing to watch my money, to not needing to, back to needing to, and now I don't need to watch what I spend on food, but I should.
  • I watched all of Star Trek: TOS and have started on TNG.
  • I gained a roommate, lost her, and then got her back again.
  • I have started learning the guitar!
Student loans are what killed my budget to begin with and made me realize that I needed to start watching what I spent on food. And, while I went to extremes when I first began this blog, the principle is the same. Last month I spent almost $200 at the grocery store. When I looked at the final number, I wanted to throw it all back up and return each bite. I'm single, I'm feeding only myself and my cat, and I get to eat for free when I work. Why spend so much on food? Where does it all go?

Then I look in my fridge and freezer, and I am back to where I started. Too much food that I don't eat. Too much that I do eat. I am stocking my freezer for some future date that I can't seem to see. Too much cake, always.

Cutting high fructose corn syrup from my diet has helped. Some. So much food contains the evil stuff...and yet I can still find items without. Like chocolate frosting.


So, I'm back here with a new intensity. My goals with this blog are shifting only slightly. Here, I will chronicle my adventures in cutting down how much I eat and how much I spend on food. I will also focus on eating healthy food in single-serving portions. We'll see how that works.

I'll be writing in this space more often now, too! Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment