26 February 2012

Green Machine!

Green, green; everywhere green.
As you can see from the picture, I bought a ton of green things when I went to the store, and let me tell you—this made a super awesome salad when topped with a little EVOO, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. If you'd like to replicate this awesome, just grab some kale, romaine lettuce, spinach, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, radishes, and avocado. This mix will last for days and will cost less than $3 per serving.

The Thin Mints, of course, are making a super delicious desert (though I have yet to check them for high fructose corn syrup). Girl Scout Cookies are never cost effective, but they're always for a good cause, and I was a girl scout for a long time.

On the high fructose corn syrup front, I'm doing rather well. Though the evil stuff is found in far too many items that I love, I have options that don't contain any. Plus, many (though definitely not all) of the food found without the syrup is healthier to begin with. I'm still trying to live without soda, though I've switched to diet in the hopes that I can use it as a gateway drug to drinking only water and juice.

You may also notice the fuzzy thing in the top left corner of the photo. That's my kitty. She likes to look at green things, though she looks at me like I'm crazy when I try to feed them to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment