23 July 2013

Civilized Caveman's Paleo Recipe App Review

I just downloaded the Civilized Caveman's Paleo Recipe App. George, the internet's resident bacon-obsessed (who isn't?) caveman has created this completely awesome, functional recipe app. At an introductory price of .99, it's a fantastic deal and, if you get a chance, you should download it.

The first thing you will notice after the download is how gorgeous all the pictures are. This is what I call high-quality, mouth-watering photography at its finest. The app is organized into different categories (Breakfast, Poultry Entrees, Sides...). Each category leads into a list of recipes, starting with a "Featured Recipes" section that you can swipe through. Talk about delicious.

Once in a recipe, swipe past the photo to the ingredient list then to the recipe steps. I love that I can change the units of measurement! I would definitely look into minimizing the amount of swipes between steps, though, because I don't always have a free (or clean!) hand to swipe with, especially when I'm working with raw meat.

In the future, I look forward to seeing a shopping list and a way to check off the ingredients that you do have. I am also interested in seeing a way to convert into a smaller number of servings because I usually cook for just myself. I would also love to be able to share that I made a recipe on Facebook or Twitter through this app—I don't even need to post the recipe, really, just let people know that the recipe is awesome and that they should try it.

The app also includes less bacon than I expected.

Overall, this is an awesome, very usable app that has room to grow. Worth more than .99, so I am glad that the price is introductory only.

Since this is a blog about maintaining your budget while living a healthy lifestyle, I will leave my readers with a small caution. The Paleo lifestlye can get expensive because the ingredients you use are superior in quality and don't have a high demand yet. Plus, you will fall in love with this lifestyle.

Paleo recipes, however, are fantastic and healthy because they use real ingredients and they work with the thought that our bodies have not yet evolved to combat all the various processed foods we eat. You can always scale your involvement when you begin a lifestyle, though, and I encourage you to start by buying whatever you can afford.

It will change your life!

Agree? Disagree? Questions? Comments? Let me know in the comments section!

TIL: I cannot spell lifestyle on the first try, apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment